Sydney collarbomber to appeal sentence

Last updated 21:34 17/06/2013
Sydney collar bomb hoaxer Paul Peters (left).
AP
ARRESTED: Sydney collar bomb hoaxer Paul Peters is escorted from the Federal Courthouse in Louisville, Kentucky, after this arrest in the US.

Relevant offers

Australia

Sickening wait for family of five-year-old Asylum seekers on crashed boat told they had reached Australia AFL manager jailed for grooming teen player Incest, paedophilia 'like being gay', judge says Man escapes death penalty for second time Asylum seekers suicide bids dubbed 'moral blackmail' Facebook 'free house' party spirals out of conrol Love triangle woman distressed at stabbing Brisbane flights halted after car on runway Australia gives asylum seekers 72 hours notice

The man who attached a fake collarbomb to Sydney teenager Madeleine Pulver has lodged an appeal against the severity of his sentence.

Paul Douglas Peters was jailed in November last year for at least 10 years for the August 2011 attack.

Peters entered the Pulver family home in Mosman and placed the device around the neck of 18-year-old Madeleine, with a USB stick and ransom note attached.

The Nine Network reports the Court of Criminal Appeal will begin its hearing on the matter this Thursday.
Advertisement

Peters' lawyer hung up on AAP when contacted for comment.

Ad Feedback

- AAP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content