Paris #CharlieHebdo terror attack: live reaction and tributes
Twelve people were killed this morning (NZT) when masked gunman stormed the Paris offices of a satirical newspaper Charlie Hebdo.
Thousands crammed the streets of Paris, Berlin, Barcelona and London to honour the victims, while others around the world paid tribute online. See images and messages from across the globe below.
Here's what we know so far:
* Three masked gunmen entered the offices of Charlie Hebdo, killing 12 people, before escaping in a car.
* Clad all in black with hoods and carrying machine guns, the men shouted "Allahu akbar!" as they stormed the offices.
* French police have identified the three gunmen as Hamyd Mourad and brothers Said and Cherif Kouachi. A massive manhunt is underway in Paris and raids have been held in the north-eastern city of Reims.
* There was no immediate claim of responsibility for the attack
* France raised its security alert to the highest level and reinforced protective measures at houses of worship, stores, media offices and transportation.
* Charlie Hebdo shooting: 12 killed at Paris newspaper
* Opinion: Charlie Hedbo newspaper murder an 'attack on freedom of expression'
* Cartoonists pay tribute to victims
* VIDEO: French President Francois Hollande calls slayings "a terrorist attack without a doubt"
* French satirical magazine Charlie Hebdo has history of lampooning Islamists
* Paris gunmen were old-style terrorists
- © Fairfax NZ News