BREAKING NEWS
Homicide in Wellington suburb of Strathmore Park - one person arrested ... Read more
Close

Restaurant sorry for serving booze to child

Last updated 08:00 12/10/2012

Relevant offers

Europe

London mayoral race: Muslim frontrunner is target of a gutter campaign UK Labour's Sadiq Khan set to win London mayoral race After a nightmare in concentration camps, they say they lived the American Dream Diamond the size of a tennis ball could fetch more than $100 million Breakthrough in mystery of life: Two-week-old human embryos grown in lab Has Winston Peters scuppered David Carter's chances of London High Commissioner post? New security at Brussels Airport causes delays, missed flights Turkish legislators fight again over bill to strip immunity Sentence stays for breast implants boss Jets scrambled as UK plane alters course and goes quiet

A restaurant chain has apologised for accidentally serving alcohol to a toddler in Wales, calling it a case of human error.

The BBC reported that two-year-old Sonny Rees was taken to a hospital emergency room after drinking whiskey at his second birthday party at a Frankie and Benny's restaurant in Swansea.

His mother said he was clearly intoxicated. She said she tasted his drink after noticing that he was making a funny face. At the hospital, the staff monitored his vital signs and later gave him the all-clear.

Frankie and Benny's said overnight (NZ time) it was extremely sorry for Saturday's incident and is looking into what systems need to be put in place to ensure that it does not happen again.

Ad Feedback

- AP

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content