Recap: David Cameron quits, Boris Johnson celebrates, Scotland vows to fight after Brexit
Britain voted to leave the European Union on Friday (NZ time), sparking off a string extraordinary events.
David Cameron announced he would resign as Prime Minister, Scotland said a second independence referendum was "highly likely" and global markets took fright.
Check out a recap of all the day's events from our live blog below.
* Britain votes to leave EU after tight and bitter campaign
* Brexit: New Zealand politicians weigh in on results
* Brexit: Result intensifies case for united Ireland
* Brexit: British pound hits lowest in decades
* Brexit: 'Out is out', EU chief warns Britain
* Brexit explained: The choice Britain faces
* Brexit: Britons in New Zealand speak out
* Brexit: What it would mean for travellers
* Brexit: How the EPL will be affected
* After Brexit: How Europe will react
* Brexit: What the newspapers say