Royal officials say Queen Elizabeth is cancelling engagements following her recent illness.
Buckingham Palace said in a statement that she will cancel some events Wednesday and Thursday (Thursday and Friday NZT).
The 86-year-old monarch is recovering from a stomach bug she suffered last week.
The illness led to a brief hospitalisation, her first in a decade.
Officials said the monarch presented a poetry award on Tuesday (overnight NZT), and will ''continue with the usual rhythm of business at Buckingham Palace.''
But she was canceling two events on the following days. They said the queen hoped to resume engagements next week.
The queen had to cancel a visit to Rome, last week because she suffered from gastroenteritis, which causes vomiting, stomach pain and diarrhea.
Despite cutting back on a once hectic timetable of foreign visits, she is still renowned for her stamina in dealing with a busy schedule at home.
However, officials were quoted in British media as saying her current health problems were not serious and there was nothing to worry about.
The queen's popularity with ordinary Britons remains high, boosted in the last two years by celebrations to mark her 60th year on the throne and the wedding of her grandson Prince William to Kate Middleton.
The couple, now known as the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, are expecting a child in July which is likely to generate another bout of royal fervour across the country.
- AP and Reuters