Woman burnt in Spanish toilet

Last updated 15:22 15/02/2014

Relevant offers

Europe

Has Winston Peters scuppered David Carter's chances of London High Commissioner post? New security at Brussels Airport causes delays, missed flights Turkish legislators fight again over bill to strip immunity Sentence stays for breast implants boss Jets scrambled as UK plane alters course and goes quiet Army captain David Seath, who died during London Marathon, planned to propose These three Earth-like planets may be our best chance yet at detecting life Greenpeace publishes confidential US-EU trade deal documents Princess Charlotte's first birthday gifts revealed - including All Blacks merchandise Cannes crime: Wealth of the film festival crowd draws criminal element

A woman has had to undergo skin grafts after suffering serious burns to both legs when the toilet she was sitting on exploded underneath her.

Police believed the blast was a result of the unhygienic conditions of the septic tank and lack of ventilation in the toilet cubicle at a bar in Barcelona, The Local reported.

When the woman switched on the light, a spark ignited methane gas which had filled the toilet.

The gas was compressed by the woman sitting down, which caused a stronger blast.

She suffered second and third degree burns to her legs.

The woman has sued the owners of the bar, Catalunya Radio reported.

Ad Feedback

- Fairfax Media

Special offers

Featured Promotions

Sponsored Content