Hawke's Bay police investigating after woman suffers life-threatening injuries in bedroom fire

Kauri Place in Mahora, Hastings, where a fire early on Sunday morning has left an occupant with life-threatening injuries.
GOOGLE MAPS

Kauri Place in Mahora, Hastings, where a fire early on Sunday morning has left an occupant with life-threatening injuries.

A Hawke's Bay woman remains in critical condition after suffering life-threatening injuries in a bedroom fire.

The woman, in her early 30s, was still in intensive care in Hawke's Bay hospital on Monday after a blaze struck her bedroom at a home along Kauri Place in Mahora, Hastings, sometime between 3.30am and 6am Sunday. 

A Hawke's Bay District Health Board spokeswoman said the woman was still in a critical condition. 

Senior Station Officer Michael Manning, of Hastings, said on Sunday two fire engines and crews attended the fire.

READ MORE:
Fire service says Papatoetoe house fire likely caused by a hair dryer
Family lose everything after 'spontaneous combustion' sparks house fire
Electric blanket fire serves as safety warning

"On arrival our crews have located a female victim in a bedroom.

"She's been removed by the firefighters and treated by our staff and paramedics," Manning said.

The woman had "life-threatening injuries".

"The fire was confined to her bedroom in the property.

"We have not determined the cause of the fire. However, our specialist fire investigations are working to determine."

Ad Feedback

Hawke's Bay police said officers were also investigating, but were unable to provide an update on Monday morning. 

Anyone with information should please make contact with Hastings police on (06) 831 0700 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

 

 - Stuff

Ad Feedback
special offers
Ad Feedback