Simon Cowell offers Mel B million dollar contract amid divorce battle
Simon Cowell has given Mel B a contract reportedly worth NZD$3.3m to stay on as a judge for America's Got Talent.
The former Spice Girl is currently in a bitter divorce battle with her ex-husband Stephen Belafonte and it was widely believed she would be axed from the show, as personal details of her marriage are expected to emerge in court.
However Cowell has supported her by giving her the lucrative new contract.
Cowell confirmed to Sunday People he wants the America's Got Talent judging panel to remain the same for 2018. Heidi Klum and Howie Mandel make up the judging foursome.
* Scary Spice Mel B's $68 million blowout
* Mel B has thrown water over Simon Cowell and stormed off America's Got Talent during live show
* Simon Cowell organises star-studded charity single for Grenfell Tower victims
* Mel B 'feels abandoned by her Spice Girl pals'
"It's been amazing with Mel. I'll be honest she can be a pain but she has a good heart," he said.
"With this panel I wouldn't change anything and I won't be changing anything."
During the singer's initial divorce proceedings it was revealed she and Belafonte had all but blown the NZD$70m fortune she had amassed during her career.
It was also revealed that her company accounts had a balance of just NZD$1770.
Scary Spice's dire financial situation was exposed in court earlier this year as it was claimed she racked up tax debts after making "improvident" financial decisions.
Belafonte has already said in court papers that his wife of 10 years had an addiction to drugs and alcohol, which impaired her ability to care for her three children.
Mel B strenuously denies Belafonte's drugs and alcohol claims against her.
She has accused her former husband of physical and psychological abuse. He rejects this.
A Los Angeles judge has refused a request by the former Spice Girl to seal all records in the divorce proceedings, after the singer voiced fears her estranged husband may air their private sex tapes as evidence.
She was reportedly concerned her children would find out about the tapes, but the judge ruled it not a sufficient reason.