Hawke's Bay police investigating after woman suffers life-threatening injuries in bedroom fire

Kauri Place in Mahora, Hastings, where a suspicious fire early on Sunday morning has left an occupant with ...
GOOGLE MAPS

Kauri Place in Mahora, Hastings, where a suspicious fire early on Sunday morning has left an occupant with life-threatening injuries.

A Hawke's Bay woman remains in critical condition after suffering life-threatening injuries in a bedroom fire.

The woman, in her early 30s, was being treated in hospital on Sunday night after a blaze struck her bedroom at a home along Kauri Place in Mahora, Hastings, sometime between 3.30am and 6am.

A Hawke's Bay District Health Board spokeswoman said the woman was in critical condition as of 8pm.

Senior Station Officer Michael Manning, of Hastings, said two fire engines and crews attended the fire.

READ MORE:
Fire service says Papatoetoe house fire likely caused by a hair dryer
Family lose everything after 'spontaneous combustion' sparks house fire
Electric blanket fire serves as safety warning

"On arrival our crews have located a female victim in a bedroom.

"She's been removed by the firefighters and treated by our staff and paramedics," Manning said.

The woman had "life-threatening injuries".

"The fire was confined to her bedroom in the property.

"We have not determined the cause of the fire. However, our specialist fire investigations are working to determine."

Ad Feedback

None of the firefighters were injured, and the fire did not take long to extinguish, Manning said.

Hawke's Bay police said officers were also investigating.


Police ask that anyone with information please make contact with Hastings police on (06) 831 0700 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

 

 - Stuff

Ad Feedback
special offers
Ad Feedback