Latest Auckland Airport cancellations due to jet fuel pipe line shut-down
Passengers after continuing to be affected after a pipe line shut-down from a refinery in Northland.
At least 123 flights have been cancelled, with more delayed, and up to 9000 customers have been impacted.
Have you been affected by the disruption? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Air New Zealand has now lifted its restriction on long-haul ticket sales for services over the coming days, although some restrictions remain on selected trans-Tasman and Pacific Island services.
* Air NZ 'restricting sales'
* National has 'let down' Kiwi travellers
* Fuel cut outside Air NZ control
* Collins says cause is 'embarrassing'
* Digger 'scraped' and 'cut' jet fuel pipeline
Passengers are also being warned that flights will be spending a longer time on the tarmac.
"Passengers may notice that they are held on the ground for longer than usual," said Airways acting general manager of system operations Tim Boyle.
"This is because it is better to have aircraft holding on the ground with the engines off, rather than slowing down en-route and burning more fuel in the air."
AIR NEW ZEALAND:
Air New Zealand has released a list of its flights that were expected to be cancelled by the fuel supply shortage.
Flights that will be cancelled:
* NZ8149 - Auckland to Rotorua (Thursday, September 21)
* NZ8150 - Rotorua to Auckland (Thursday, September 21)
* NZ561 - Auckland to Christchurch (Thursday, September 21)
* NZ268 - Ho Chi Minh to Auckland (Thursday, September 21)
* NZ729 - Auckland to Melbourne (Thursday, September 21)
* NZ722 - Melbourne to Auckland (Thursday, September 21)
* NZ719 - Auckland to Sydney (Thursday, September 21)
* NZ718 - Sydney to Auckland (Thursday, September 21)
* NZ28 - Auckland to Houston (Thursday, September 21)
* NZ29 - Houston to Auckland (Thursday, September 21)
Please note the following flights may now operate direct rather than via Nadi, Fiji as previously advised
* NZ6 - Auckland to Los Angeles
* NZ8 - Auckland to San Francisco
* NZ5 - Los Angeles to Auckland
* NZ7 - San Francisco to Auckland
Jetstar directed customers flying in and out of Auckland to check the airline's flight status page. Jetstar: 0800 800 995
Flights that will be cancelled:
* JQ254 - Wellington to Auckland (Thursday, September 21)
A Virgin Australia spokeswoman said there were minimal disruptions to Virgin flights, and to check in with the flight status checker for specific information. Virgin: 0800 67 00 00
QF142 to Sydney at 8.35am and QF147 from Sydney at 6.25pm on Thursday have been cancelled. Check the airline's flight status page here.
Emirates flight EK449 from Auckland to Dubai will temporarily be rerouted until 24 September. Flights will stop in Melbourne for refuelling. Passengers will not be required to disembark at Melbourne.
Passengers holding tickets on EK449 from Auckland with onward connections during this time are advised to contact their travel agent or local Emirates office; and check the status of their flight. Connecting flights will be rebooked as required.
Emirates: 0508 364 728
CX198 from Auckland will be temporarily rerouted with a refuelling stop in Brisbane from September 18. CX198 on these days is expected to depart Auckland at 1.45pm and arrive in Hong Kong at 10.55pm.