Las Vegas gunman may have planned to attack Lorde concert first - report
A festival being headlined by New Zealand pop star Lorde may have been the Las Vegas shooter's first target, a report says.
Stephen Paddock rented condos overlooking the annual Life Is Beautiful Festival in Las Vegas last week, which this year was headlined by Lorde and Chance the Rapper, a source told the The Daily Beast.
The source said Paddock may have lost his nerve or simply changed his plans, deciding to target the Route 91 Harvest Festival instead.
He checked into the Mandalay Bay Hotel on September 28, carrying an arsenal of weapons and ammunition to his room in suitcases.
* Las Vegas shooting: Full coverage
* What macho, gun-packing Instagram star Dan Bilzerian did when he was caught in the Las Vegas shooting
* Multimillionaire mass killer
* Lawyer fired for Vegas remarks
On Sunday night (Monday NZ time) he unleashed hundreds of rounds of gunfire on the crowd of concertgoers, killing 59 and injuring more than 500.
MORE TO COME